The Lisnabreeny memorial is in place of a former US Military cemtery for soldiers who died between 1943 and 1948
In the hills above South East Belfast there is a memorial to nearly 150 American servicemen who died during and after World War Two.
The Lisnabreeny Memorial, just off the Rocky Road, is dedicated to the 148 US soldiers who were buried at the site between 1943 and 1948.
It was put in place in 2005 by the then Castlereagh Council to pay tribute to the servicemen who were once buried there, with a memorial garden later being created in 2013.
The US military exhumed the servicemen in 1948 and repatriated them back home to be buried at the request of their families.
The cemtery was created after the previous US Military plot in Belfast City Cemetery became full and was gifted to the armed forces by the National Trust.
Those who were buried there mainly died in training accidents, along with traffic collisions and by natural causes. The majority of servicemen were in the US Air Force, however there were also those serving in the Military and Navy.
Eight of the men were unknown and buried in unmarked graves.
The memorial is a short distance away from the Cregagh Glen and Lagan College.